- Windows 7 ultimate cannot connect wifi free

- Windows 7 ultimate cannot connect wifi free

Looking for:

Windows 7 PC unable to connect to home wifi network - Microsoft Community 













































     


- Windows 7 ultimate cannot connect wifi free



 

When these computers are turned on, both cannot detect the WiFi signal I have at home. The WiFi signal is definitely working with no issues because my other machines running Windows 10 can detect the signal and connect to the Internet with no problem.

No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected. No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected. I am absolutely clueless as to what is happening to both my Windows 7 machines. Could you kindly offer me some guidance please as I need to get some work done on them.

Hi Andrew,. There are a lot of possible factors for this matter to occur. However, we need to make sure that it is the case. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:. Were there any changes made before the issue occurred? Have you tried to download and install the latest available driver update on your manufacturer's website?

Aside from the troubleshooting steps on the link you have provided, were there any other troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

To do this, follow these steps:. Run Command Prompt as Administrator. Run this command:. Exit Command Prompt and monitor your network connection. Run these following commands:. If the issue persists, kindly check your network adapter Hardware if it is disconnected or not. Let us know how it goes. Was this reply helpful? Yes No. Sorry this didn't help. Please allow me to go back further. The following is the chain of events that took place, leading me to where we are now:.

The problem is when I am at work. The machine just cannot detect the WiFi in the office. I have checked everything, including the router settings, all other machines in the office including desktops, smartphones and tablets all get on the net through the WiFi fine. The machine was unable to find the WiFi signal at work right from the beginning, even before I update the anti-virus.

That was what I noticed when I first turned it on in the office. I am praying that after Windows Update is complete, the issue will go away. It now indicates there are no wireless networks to join even though my is one of 50 in the area.

I asked Windows to diagnose the problem but it has no suggestions. Was this reply helpful? Yes No. Sorry this didn't help. While what you have listed here are some good basic things to follow, I was already doing them. I saw my problem show up when a patch was applied to my laptop. I backed it out and the problem went away. Later I installed some Microsoft patches and the problem came back. Here is the issue I am seeing:. When I first bring up the system the WIFI is never turned on automatically, as it is supposed to be and as it used to do prior to the patch.

I have to select the icon in the system tray, which shows the WIFI as of to turn it on. It does so for all for about 5 seconds, just long enough to attach to the network, and then it turns itself off again! I then have to do this a second time and that one will work. It also turns itself off when any device changes are made to the system, such as plugging in or removing a USB flash drive. I sometimes see it turn itself off when my screensaver has been running for a while, but it has to have been for quite a while, say at least 20 minutes.

I have completely disabled it being powered off by Windows, so it shouldn't ever be turning this off unless I tell it to. I have verified I am on the latest version of their drivers.

I am open to any suggestions. Right now it seems my only option is to backout the last set of patches from Microsoft, because I don't know just which one causes the problem, and ignore all other patches that are made available.

That is not a good solution, because it means I will be ignoring possible security and bug fixes that I actually do need.

I wanted to thank you all for the active discussion in this thread, and I would like to jump in and see if I can help address the multiple issues that seem to be covered in here. Please do this in that order, allowing 60 seconds in between each device to enable the device to be fully booted and able to accept connections. If you are trying to use WPA or WPA2, please ensure that both your network adapter and wireless router support this protocol.

If you are only able to connect using WEP, then your networking hardware may need a firmware upgrade. If you are having a problem with your wireless connection after resuming from hibernate or sleep, or are having intermittent connectivity issues, try to adjust your Power Management profile to change your Wireless Adapter Settings to Maximum Performance.

You should do this with all of your power profiles. Call the support line for your router manufacturer. It is likely that neither Windows nor the router are having problems, it is simply an issue of getting the configuration settings on both set up to work correctly together. The router manufacturer will be the best resource to know how to configure their device. I will continue to monitor this thread but will likely end up splitting this thread into individual smaller threads to address the various different issues that have been mentioned so far.

Choose where you want to search below Search Search the Community. Search the community and support articles Windows Windows 7 Search Community member.

Thank you.

   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Microsoft outlook 2013 background color change free. How To Change Color Scheme in Outlook 2013

Japanese keyboard windows 7 free -

Microsoft office enterprise 2007 windows 7 free.Upgrade from Office 2007 to Microsoft 365